We are pleased to report on the fantastic night of inspirational speeches, dazzling musical entertainment, and impressive fundraising that was the 2014 JSK Memorial Cocktail Party.
Firstly, thank you to everyone who attended the JSK Memorial Cocktail Party on the 23rd of March and many thanks to Kiplings Garage Bar for hosting the event.
We were able to raise an amazing $20,000 from the night! A special mention must go to Kerry Paki from the HKAC for presenting a generous $10,000 donation to the fund. This money is very much appreciated will certainly go a long way in helping help us to establish further leadership opportunities for disadvantaged youth, a cause John was so passionate about.
Thank you to Michael Trial AM for being our remarkable MC and to Ann O’Sullivan for all her kind assistance with the event. Thanks also to Therese Brooker and the Brothers Kelly for their breathtaking performances on the night.
Suzie Riddell, the Executive Director of Education at Bright Spots Schools Connection spoke with incredible passion about the importance of education and the positive impact Bright Spots has had on the leaning outcomes for disadvantaged children. Many thanks must also go to Sue Cridge at Bright Spots for her support.
On the night we also heard from Sue Lennox from OzGreen. OzGreen has been instrumental in providing a transformative learning and leadership process that promotes environmental sustainability. Thank you Sue for enabling us to hear first hand experiences from two participants of the OzGreen Youth Leadership Programs. It is always thrilling to be able to see such important work that the JSK Fund supports.
Many thanks to all who donated items to the silent auction and raffle. We were pleased to announce the winners were:
Winners of the Raffle Prize
1st Prize of Wine/Merchandise/Tilly’s Voucher/Xmas Tree went to Jennifer Kelly
2nd Prize of Scarf/Kiplings Voucher/Wine/Mimi + Me Voucher/ Embellish Mystery Hat went to Andrew Mayne
3rd Prize of JSK Merchadise went to James Mok
4th Prize of the Jennifer Kelly Styling Voucher and JSK Fund Merchandise went to Richard Stutchbury.
Winners of the Silent Auction
- Opera Tickets (donated by the Opera Trust Foundation) – won by Garry O’Sullivan
- Glamping Weekend at Bawley Point (donated by Sandy Betts) – won by Nadia Mencinsky
- Apartment in Paris for one week (donated by Colleen O’Shannassy and Seamus O’Grady) – won by Chris and Helen Thompson
- Skippered Boat Cruise on Sydney Harbour with Hamper (donated by Rowan and Susie Russell, and Stuart and Susie Scowcroft) – won by Tom Dermott
- Framed and signed photograps of Kyle Vander Kuyp from the 2000 Olympics (donated by The Kelly Family) – won by Chris and Helen Thompson
- Carolyn Travers Garden Design Consultation and 4 hour Labour (donated by Carolyn Travers) – won by The Macken Family
- Cotter and Jewell Interiors design consultation (donated by Dee Cotter and Karenza Jewell) – won by Cathy Kelly
- Sunday at the Stables (donated by Gai Waterhouse) – won by Kate Gardiner
- Therese Brooker singing experience (donated by Therese Brooker) – won by Cathy Kelly
- Brothers Kelly signing experience (donated by Ben and James Kelly) – won by The Macken Family
In other news…. it’s City2Surf time again!
Early bird entries close on the 31st May, so make sure you jump online soon and sign up to the ‘Running for JSK’ team! We hope to have as much fun and success as last year!
Here’s how to register online:
- Go to http://www.city2surf.com.au/ and select ‘enter
- ‘Search for an existing team’ and select ‘Running for JSK’
- Enter in whichever division you’re comfortable with – red/green for veterans, blue for runners, yellow for joggers/walkers and orange (back of the pack) for walkers, window shoppers and costume wearers!
- Fill out your details
- Select ‘no charity’ – we will get details to you soon about team sponsorship!
- Start training and get excited because it’s going to be so much fun!